Excellent credit score often means you can avail the best offers, exclusive perks and excellent rewards. The best credit cards for excellent credit make sure you don’t miss out on any benefits that the excellent credit can give you!
On the surface, it might not seem like there is much difference between having a good and excellent score.
However, this is not the case! The interest rates and the cards you can apply for are quite different if you have a good score as compared to having an excellent one.
Make Sure You Have An Excellent Credit Score
Before you hope into deciding which credit card you should use for your “excellent credit”, we recommend you ensure that you have the required score to begin with.
Different lenders define “excellent credit” differently therefore the value can vary from one lender to another. They rely on credit scoring agencies to decide the score of a potential customer.
Typically, FICO and VantageScore are being used most often although the two have their own ranges and have set the excellent credit score at different thresholds.
FICO Vs Vantage Score: Quick Comparison
Any score above 700 is considered good by both FICO and VantageScore ranges. Furthermore, to qualify for the best cards for excellent credit, you need to have a FICO score of 800-850 which is ranked as an exception.
The VantageScore, however, has placed the bar a little less high by categorizing a score of 781-850 as an excellent credit score.
What The Best Credit Cards For Excellent Credit Offer You: Quick Overview
The offered rewards get better as your credit improves. You can qualify for better cards and higher sign-up bonuses. Your extra dollars will earn you hundreds of more. Cool, right?
You can pick and choose between hotel cards, business card, loyalty cards and even the cards with fancy benefits, the luxury cards.
The benefits of being a card-holder don’t just stop at bonuses and extra cash. You can enjoy credits for travel, VIP access to airport lounges, purchases from exclusive retailers, extended warranties and car insurance.
A better credit also means you will have a higher credit limit. Also lowers credit utilization ration would ultimately improve your overall credit score.
If you have an excellent credit and want to make sure it stays that way, read further to find some tips on how to maintain an excellent credit.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
American Express Cash Magnet® Card
The American Express Cash Magnet® Card lets you make the most of the benefits of credit cards while applying no annual fee.
It also offers a payment flexibility by letting you choose between paying full each month or carrying a balance with an interest.
The cardholders can also enjoy the Plan IT® offer. In return of set monthly fee you can opt for qualifying purchases over a fixed time period. The Plan IT® comes with no interest as long as you make the required payments on time. Some other reward offers are:
- Win 1.5% cash-back on ALL purchases. The cash-back can be redeemed in the form of gift cards, statement credit or merchandise.
- Win $150 statement credit after you make a purchase worth $1000 within the first 3 months of being a cardholder.
In 2017-2018 over 1.6 million places in the U.S. were accepting the American Express Cash Magnet® Card. It is also very easy to use the card itself. Simply open your online account to add offers to the card and then use the same card to avail the rewards.
Blue Delta Sky Miles® Credit Card from American Express
Some of the perks that are already being offered through the card are:
- Win 2 miles on tasty bites! Earn 2 miles/dollar spent at any U.S. restaurant. Seems like you will be enjoying more than just a yummy meal!
- Earn 2 miles/dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta card. The offer is also extended to booking flights on Delta.com, buying Delta Sky Club® membership or Delta Vacations® packages, or doing any in-flight purchase such as food or beverages.
- Earn 1 mile on ALL other purchases such as gas, entertainment, groceries and even the phone bills!
- There is no limit on how much Delta miles you can earn.
- The miles can be redeemed on Delta as well as 30 other airline partners.
- Save up to 20% statement credit while you make a purchase on Delta flight.
- Wait! There’s more. You will also earn 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $500 through your new card in the first 3 months of card usage.
With no annual fee and payment flexibility, Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card is one of the best candidates on the list of Best Credit Cards For Excellent Credit.
Luxury Card MasterCard® Titanium Card™
If you are into aesthetics, you would love this card. The stainless steel, patented card design truly catches the eye of any one trying to choose the best credit card for excellent credit.
Besides this, Luxury Card Mastercard® titanium card™ also offers exclusive benefits for traveling. So you really can’t say no to this one!
- You can also enjoy Members-Only Luxury Magazine.
- 1% Value for Cash Back Redemptions and 2% Value for Airfare Redemptions.
- 24/7 Luxury card concierge without any additional fee. This is a huge helping hand while making travel bookings or during different personal requests.
- Strict security monitoring for each transaction that the user makes to make sure the personal information is safe.
Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One® is rather a simple and straight-forward card. If you are a cardholder, you won’t have to bother with tracking rotating categories.
There is also no annual fee or any foreign transaction fee. This one has been loved by the users worldwide.
- Spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of card use and earn $150 as a cash bonus.
- Enjoy 1.5% cash-back on ALL purchases, anywhere, anytime.
- Cash-backs don’t expire. You can redeem them at any time you want to.
- No limit on how much you can earn with the Capital One® Quicksilver® Credit Card.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
With an amazing sign-up bonus offered to the new cardholders, the Capital One® Venture® Reward Credit Card is a strong contender on the list of Best Credit Cards For Excellent Credit. Surprisingly, this is not the only attractive feature this card has.
- There is no limit on the miles you can earn.
- There is no annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fee. Shop freely anywhere!
- Something special for the newcomers here! Spend $1000 on purchases within the first 3 months and earn 20,000 bonus miles. This is equivalent to $200 in travel.
- 1.25X miles on ALL purchases.
- Travel free of blackout dates. You can also stay at any hotel of your choice.
- You can also transfer the earned miles to other 12 leading travel loyalty programs.
The Venture® is a great card to make travelling easier!
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card offers you benefits and perks just like any other credit card but in a different context.
With this credit card, you choose a category, from several different categories, on which you want to earn a 3% cash-back. You can opt for gas bills, shopping, dining and many others.
- Earn 1% cash-back on ALL other purchases.
- Enjoy a $200 cash rewards when you make purchases of upto $1000 in the first 90 days of cards use.
- The rewards do not have any expiry date.
- Win 25%-75% greater cash-back rewards if you are a Preferred Reward member.
This card if for the users who are habitual of planning ahead when it comes to large purchases. If you are one of them, then we suggest you use this card to maximize cash-back.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
This set-it-and-forget-it card is a reliable way of earning rewards. It offers:
- 1.5% cash-back on ALL purchases.
- An introductory bonus of $150 after you spend $500 through the card in the first 3 months of being a cardholder.
- There is no annual fee.
- There is not any minimum threshold that you need to reach in order to redeem your cash-back.
- The cash-back rewards do not have any expiry date.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
There is no other competitor on the list of Best Credit Cards For Excellent Credit that offers as many travel and dining benefits as this card.
You can also use the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal to transfer your earned points from the Freedom Unlimited and Chase Freedom in order to earn more travel rewards.
What’s more? keep reading:
- 2X point on dining and travel worldwide.
- 5X points on Lyft ride till March 2022.
- 1X point/dollar on ALL other purchases.
- An introductory bonus of 60,000 if you spend $4,000 on purchases through the card in the first 90 days of card’s use. This is equivalent to $750 in travel if you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 25% higher value if you redeem the points for hotels, car rental or airfare.
You can also activate Door-Dash with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. This would free you of delivery charges on food purchases with a Dash-Pass subscription.
Capital One® Savor One® Cash Rewards Credit Card
You are in for big surprises if you are a Capital One® SavorOne® Credit Card user. With no annual fee and other benefits that are too good to miss, this card has been one of the top most choice for people with excellent credit scores.
- 1% cash-back on ALL purchases.
- 2% cash-back when you make a purchase at a grocery store.
- 3% cash-back on the purchase of dining and entertainment.
- Enjoy a $150 cash-back on spending $500 within the first 3 months of being a card holder.
- No sign-ups are required to earn cash rewards.
- There is no hassle of rotating categories.
- There is no limit on how much you can earn.
- No foreign transaction fee.
All the benefits listed here are straight-forward and clear. There are also no strict terms and conditions applied.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
This card started as an average name on the list of Best Credit Cards For Excellent Credit. However, it has slowly evolved to become an amazing travel card with added benefits of cash-back features.
Some key factors that separate it from other cards in the category are:
- 3X points on dine-out.
- 3X points on ordering in.
- 3X points on traveling expenditure including flights, hotels, car rentals etc.
- 3X points on transit and gas stations.
- 3X points if you are subscribing to any streaming services.
- 1X points on ALL other purchases.
- You can also avail 20,000 bonus points on spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of card usage.
Nonetheless, it is a fine choice for those who don’t want an annual fee but are interested in the idea of traveling.
5 Tips To Follow If You Want To Maintain Excellent Credit
Make More Than One Payment In A Month
The card issuers will send your information to the credit bureaus who will then judge where you stand in the credit scoring models. If you make payment at least twice a month (or more than that, preferably), it will increases the chances that the balance in your account will be low when the card issuer takes out your information.
Don’t Get Rid Of Old Debts From The Credit Reports
Who wouldn’t want to remove a debt shown on the credit report after it had been paid off? But what you are missing here is that it is actually beneficial for you to keep the old debt on the report.
Keep All Your Balances In One Place
It’s always a good idea to consolidate all of your balance in one account instead of holding small amounts in a separate account. You might be penalized for having too many accounts with a balance.
Stay In Touch With Bank And Creditors
Make sure that you inform the bank about any address or email changes so that the statement always reaches you on time. Also, never try to dodge the creditor in case you can’t make the payment or there are any delays. Contact them and seek alternative solutions.
Stick To the 20/10 Rule
This one is rather simple. Never let your card debt be above 20% of the yearly income after taxation. Never have more than 10% of the monthly-pay in card payments.
Using the best credit card for the excellent credit score you have can be a way to reach out to more perks than you imagined. From welcome bonuses to greater rewards, the benefits of having a good credit card are numerous.
For this reason, we strongly suggest that you always keep up to date with what’s new in the market.
Some cards might be offering rewards more suited to your lifestyle. If you don’t keep an eye on what’s new and what’s good, you will let the opportunity pass you by.